PROTEIN RICE RECIPE
Posted by Craig Brown
- 50 g raw broccoli, chopped or diced 1 small stalk
- (25 g) of raw celery, diced
- 6 egg whites
- 100 g sliced raw mushrooms
- 1/4 c. long-grain, raw, brown rice
- 1/3 c. water or broth
- 1/4 c. Woolworths Medium chunky salsa
- 2 tbsp. lite soy sauce
- 160g raw spinach
- 50 g grams raw onion, chopped salt to taste
Lightly steam the broccoli to a crisp-tender texture. In a pan coated with cooking spray, add soy sauce, chopped onion, sliced mushrooms, steamed broccoli, chopped celery and spinach. Cook on medium heat until spinach is cooked. Add water/broth, soy sauce and rice and simmer until liquid has cooked away. Once all the ingredients are cooked add in the 6 egg whites and stir until the eggs are completely cooked. Top with salsa.
This makes a very large meal for one. Or can be split and served with a side dish.
Calories (Per Serving): 380 Protein (g): 33.1 Carbohydrates (g): 54 Fat (g): 1.8
Carb – Protein – Fat % Ratio: 59% – 36% – 4%